Employment exchange is an organisation that provides employment assistance on the basis of qualification and experience of a candidate. The Department of Employment in various States provide unemployed educated youth stay in the respective states to pre register for impending job vacancies in different sectors of the state. The Employment exchange provides gainful employment to all job seekers in Kerala through paid employment . A candidate can register his name with an employment exchange via online. Now employment exchanges have been renamed as employment guidance and promotion centres. It provides vocational guidance,career, counselling, registration ,submission ,placement etc.
Employees can post their vacancies with employment exchanges. They can choose from the registered candidates as per their requirements. The employer should furnish information relating to the result of selection against the vacancy notified within 30 days from the date of selection.
benefits of employment exchanges
- You can register online to the state employment exchange website.
- You can search for suitable jobs based on your qualification
- You can check your status on the job waiting list online
- You will get a unique registration number from the employment exchange.
- You can reference through this number while applying for a job.
- Whenever government vacancies are announced , registered members with eligibility can forward their profiles to respective employees.
How to register online
- Visit the official website of state employment exchange
- If you are not a registered member you should register to create your account on this website.
- Log into the state employment exchange website with your credentials.
- Selected district
- Fill the profile form .
- You will get an acknowledgement. if It contains registration number, registration date, name of the employment exchange.
- You should take a print of this acknowledgement and keep it for future reference.
- You should submit all relevant certificates to the employment exchange within 15 days from registration date.
- Employment exchange will issue a register card with registration number with date of renewal.
- Education certificates
- Experience certificates
- Caste certificate sports certificate handicapped certificate from Medical board
- ex serviceman certificate
- Widow certificate
- freedom fighter certificate
- proof of Residence certificate
- Residence proof as Ration card/ voter ID card /proof of job/ letter gazetted officer /certificate issued by MLA /domicile certificate
You can register for an employment exchange offline also . Visit the nearest employment exchange with the qualification documents and experience certificates. Fill the required application form and submit an attested photocopy of education and experience related certificates with your resume. After the registration you will get a card with registration number.
Now the employment department is in the process of transforming employment exchanges to e employment exchanges. In this process the development of a web based application software on centralised architecture of the employment services to all the job seekers registered with the employment exchanges. It has digitised data of more than 35 lakhs of job seekers registered with employment exchange. There is a new online portal providing e service to the registrance. You can do all services through this site like registration ,renewal, addition of qualification /experience ,re registration, registration transfer etc.
The minimum age limit for registration employment exchange is 14 years. You can register your name only with the employment exchange under whose jurisdiction he resides.
Textile industry provides the largest source of employment in our country. India is the largest producer of cotton. Textile industry in India is the second largest employer in the country. Textile sector provides a significant contribution to the national economy.
You can apply to be a textile designer with a bachelor’s degree in textile design, fashion design to learn design techniques such as screen printing ,color theory, Digital Printing, block printing ,surface design etc . Textile design students can take courses such as industrial designing ,Bachelors of Arts in design, Bachelors of Arts in textile, Bachelors of Fine Arts etc. A textile engineer is a professional who researches and studies textile materials including fibres ,fabric to design quality products and determine new production techniques.
Now you can apply for textile jobs through employment exchange. It is in the employability center under Kottayam district employment exchange. Interview is on 26 July 2022.The vacancies are in main textile shops in Kottayam, Ettumanoor, Muthur, tiruvalla.The vacancies are available for sales trainees, executives, floor hostess, security guards, driver, dispatch clerk,visual merchandiser.
- PLUS TWO
- Age limit – 20 to 45 years
For more details
Visit facebook page of Employability, kottayam