Passport is an official document for travel issued by the government. It contains the identity of a person. A passport helps to travel to and from foreign countries. It certifies the nationality of a person. It contains name,photograph,place ,date of birth,signature, etc.Many countries have biometric passports that contain embedded microchips. Variety of passports are available in the world. Most common varieties are ordinary passports issued to individual citizens. Some countries issue family passports. Individuals are only permitted to hold one passport. Individuals hold ordinary and official passports also.
Emergency passports are issued to persons whose passports were lost,stolen .These passports has very short time durations.diplomatic passports are issued to senior staffs,head of government, senior foreign ministry employees, etc.Official passports are issued to senior government officials travelling on state business who are not eligible for diplomatic passports.
We can apply for a passport online.
How to apply online
- Visit the official website of passport seva kendra online.
- It needs a registered login ID.
- Click apply for a fresh passport.
- Enter the required details.
- Submit the application.
- Click pay and schedule an appointment.
- Click view saved or submitted applications.
- Select Schedule appointment .
- You can see the passport appointment date and time .
- Online payment is mandatory for booking appointments.
- You can use debit or credit cards.
- Click print application receipt.
- An SMS with appointment details accepted as proof of appointment during visit to the passport office.
A passport takes four to six weeks to process from the time you submit the application.
- Voter ID card
- Adhar card
- Driving license
- Pass book
- PAN card
Appointment for an application are allowed up to three times within a year.carry printed copy of appointment receipt,Documents and submit the passport office on the correct date .After the expiry date, we can renew the passport online. You should pay an amount for the renewal.The fees for the passport is Rs 1500.you can select the application center online.
How to renew passport online
- Visit passport search online portal.
- Register the website.
- Login to the passport seva online portal with a registered ID.
- If you are a registered user,you can open the account and renew the passport.
- Click apply for the passport renewal from the applicant home.
- Enter the details of passport
- Enter family details.
- Enter a permanent address.
- Select schedule appointments and enter passport office,time ,etc.
- You can select available time.
- Click pay and book an appointment option.
- Pay the fees online.