Garlic grows easily, tastes great, takes up little room. Even those with small gardens can raise enough to be self sufficient in garlic for a good part of the Year.
If you look in a specialist catalogue. Mid – fall, garlic plant bulbs in loose. Garlic is easy to grow and very little space. It grows from individual cloves broken off from whole bulb. Each clove will multiply in the ground, forming a new bulb that consists of 5 to 10 cloves.
Garlic typically take 9 months to mature. Garlic grows best when it receives at least 6 hours of full sun daily,.
Let us see how to cultivate garlic at home
- Add a bit of water at the bottom of a small container. Just enough to cover the bottom of your clove. Don’t submerge the clove.
- The top of the garlic should be face the water. it should be slightly dipped in water.
- After a day remove the peeled garlic skin.
- After three days, the roots will sprout and the above will grow.
- By 10 days, the germination will take longer.
- When the roots are large, transplant them into the pots or soil.
- Don’t need much water anymore.
- Watering after 3 days.
- Fill the container with potting soil.
- Take your head of garlic and urgently separate the cloves.
- Insert cloves root side down about 8 inches apart in all directions burying the tips about 2 inches down.
- Water only if the soil is dry two or more inches down, never pouring water into crowns of the plants.