OET is an exam for health care professionals. It covers 12 professions.It assess language skills,using test materials. It provides high quality i n the English language and helps to provide safe patient care.Mainly it has 4 stages.They are listening, reading, speaking and writing. In the listening, you can understand and follow a range of health care related spoken materials. In reading you can read and understand different types of text on health related topics.In writing, you can write a letter based on a typical health care situation. In speaking, participate in two role plays based on health care workplace situations.
OET means Occupational English Test .It is designed to meet specific language needs of the health care sector.It assess language professionals. It is designed to meet the specific English language needs of health care .It helps to practice English speaking environments. They assess language skills with speaking and writing tests.It is accepted as proof of English proficiency in New Zealand, Australia,Singapore,UK,Ireland, etc.
OET is owned by Cambridge Boxhill Language Assessment Trust.IELTS and OET are used to test the English language of nurses,doctors and health care professionals. It helps the regulatory bodies to check that Healthcare workers have sufficient language skills to communicate efficiently with patients.
IELTS and OET are accepted by NMC and GMC.Both exams contain four subtests. Students receive graded score pass or fail.General Medical Council in the UK requires doctors to score B in OET and 7.5 for IELTS .t considered as C1 level of English. IELTS tests academic English and OET tests your knowledge of medical English. It increases your ability to understand patients’ problems,conduct medical consultations,and write discharge letters.
The IELTS exam has two versions,they are academic and general training. OET has 12 versions for different health care professionals. They are doctors,dentists, podiatrists,optometrist, nurses,pharmacist,vets,speech pathologist, dieticians, physiotherapist, radiographic,etc.IELTS marked out of 9 is needed.OET is marked from A to E with numerical score.
OET is held 24 times in a year.candidates can register for OET exam for next three test dates.It is different for doctors and nurses when it comes to writing and speaking. It has no minimum age limit. Candidates should pass 10+2 from a recognized board.It helps to prove the right level of English for work .
How to study OET
- You should create a study plan.
- Sharpen your skills
- Take practice tests.
- Review everything.
- Rest and relax
- Get the official OET course guide
Before you start studying for the OET ,it is important you fully understand the different elements. It is important to feel comfortable with test content. Fully understand each section of the exam. You can go into the test day able to focus on the questions. You should dedicate yourself to revising every day and creating a study plan.itpf you have worked all day,you may not have energy to learn new things. Use your study time .save more challenging parts .find an online course that will provide you with exercises.you can practice your English informally also.you can use official OET sample tests.you can adapt your studies to target weakness.We can see how to book the OET exam.
How to book OET exam
- Visit the official website for booking the OET test.
- Select book OET on paper
- If you are already registered, enter your email and password.
- If you are not registered, you should register
- Select your country, profession.
- Select the date.
- Select the place and you can pay .
- Confirm the payment and enter the Card details.
- Enter your name,date of birth,upload your photo,profession, address,city,country,state,pun code,phone number.
- Select your ID,Enter passport number, expiry date of passport, nationality, frst language,email address.
- Agree the terms and conditions.
- Create username and password.
- Your registration is completed.
- You can login using this username and password.
- You can enter additional information such as the country,if you write any exam before,your course,etc
- You will get a confirmation message.