In 1968, the first commercial LED lamps were introduced. Early LED lamps where inefficient and could only display deep red colours, making them unsuitable for general lighting
In 1998, China boosted LED research and demonstrated the first LED Christmas tree. Philips lighting caesed research on compact fluorescents in 2008 and began devoting the bulk of its research and development budget to solid state lighting.
Automatic room lighting system is a microcontroller based the project that automatically turn on or off the light in the room. The aim of this project is to automatically turn on or off the lights in a room by detecting the darkness.
It is very simple homemade project using some electronic components are
- 2 N 7000 transistor
- 12 volt relay (5 leg )
- 470 K resistor
- LDR (light dependent resistor)
- 9V battery
- Battery connector.
How to make automatic light on/off system
- Take a first leg of 12 volt relay solter to third leg of 2N 7000 transistor.
- Third leg of relay connected to 470 K resistor.
- Using LDR solder to middle leg and first leg of transistor.
- Battery connected to circuit, the positive terminal (red colour )of battery connected to third leg of relay and negative terminal connected to first leg of transmitter.
- It is very simple automatic circuit.
- The circuit connected the lighting system to the first wires of relay and second wire to the centre.
- Connect the battery to the terminal.
- Wiring is ready.
- The neutral of main power connected to bulb and phase to relay.when the relay activate, pass the bulb. When the circuit have dark, sense the LDR and activate that relay and on the light automatically.
- Amazon purchase Link https://amzn.to/3BXF85a