It is a very simple quick and tasty side dish for chapati and it is well caramelized and perfectly suits the roti.It is a dish that can be made very tasty in a very short time.
Coconut oil – 2tsp
Cardamom – 2
Onion – 3
Tomato – 1
Cloves – 4
Cinnamon stick – 1 Bay leaves – 1
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Salt as needed.
Chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp
Fennel powder ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch Jaggery – small piece Coriander leaves
How to make
- Heat 2 tsp of coconut oil in a pan.
- When oil is hot,add cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves and bay leaves.
- After heating onion and salt. To make the onions quicker add a little salt.
- Fry the onion until it is Brown in colour.
- After frying the onion, remove the bay leaves.
- Take one teaspoon of onion and tomato in a jar, after cool the mixture add some water and smooth paste for thickness.
- Add ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, fennel powder, turmeric powder in to the pan. Mix well so that spices get blended with onion in medium flame.
- Saute well.
- Add onion tomato paste and required water.
- Boil very well.
- After change the colour of the paste, add jaggery and coriander leaves.
- Mix well.
- Onion fry roast is ready.