We regularly travel long distances. In air ports there is a rule for how many bags you may check in and for possible related charges. It can vary in various flights. If you are a continuous traveller in an airline,you know how it feels,when your luggage doesn’t arrive at the correct destination. If you lose your luggage, you should keep three things in mind. First thing is you must give a complaint.
You can file a PIR report at the airline’s desk. PIR is the Passenger Irregularity Report. You can submit the detailed description, address and contact information,claim number, copy of missing luggage report.we can track the status of missing luggage on airlines website.If you are taking multiple flights, we can report to the airline .
After filing the reports, the airline traced your luggage.And they delivered the luggage to your address. If the airline cannot find your luggage within 21 days,it is considered lost. After that we can make a new claim, mentioning all the lost items and its prices with purchase dates.
On air India, If the luggage is delayed 24 hours on an international trip,50 British pounds will be provided. The amount is Rs 3000.on domestic flights,if the luggage is later,air india will give Rs 2000.
You can check your luggage with your airline. You can track luggage online. Go to the website of flight,type your name, bag tag number ,file reference number and locate your bag. The average compensation is Rs 1525 to Rs 3500. In lost luggage,81 % bags are simply Delayed, 16 % were damaged , 3% were declared lost. The airline is responsible to pay for your missing property.
Be patient,stay calm and locate the luggage desk ,inform the agent and give a complaint. Otherwise you can contact CISF to retrieve the luggage. You can visit the official website of CISF.
HOW TO FIND LOST LUGGAGE IN AIRPORT
- Visit the official website of CISF.
- Select lost found option.
- Click lost and found airports and Delhi metro option.
- Select option of airport option.
- Then you can see the airport lost and found items page.
- Select the name of the airport.
- Select date on which you travelled.
- You can see the list of received items.
- Then contact airport authorities immediately.
- You can see the contact numbers, mail ID , officer’s name,etc.
- You can contact and retain your luggage.