Pradhanmantri Gramin Aawas Yojana is a social welfare initiative created by government of India to provide housing for the rural poor in India .The cabinet has approved “home for all” project by 2022. In this plan includes housing construction for the poor .The project will be completed in 7 years.
- Low income group( family with an annual income between Rs 300000 to Rs 600000)
- Scheduled caste and Scheduled tribe ,OBC
- Middle income group (families within annual income between 6 lakh to 12 lakh )
- Women belonging to EWS and LIG categories .
- He/She must not own house.
- Not available the benefits of any other housing scheme by State Government .
- Direct application is not possible
- The minimum house size will be 25 square metre.
- The unit provided will be INR 1.20 lakh,for houses in plains, 1.30 lakh for hilly areas.
- The cost of building will be shared between Central Government and state government
- Proof of Identity :voter ID ,Aadhar Card, photo identity, a letter from recognised public authority.
- proof of address
- proof of income
- Certificate claiming the cost of construction
- Affidavit stating neither applicant nor family members.
- The applicant or any member of family should not own a pucca house in anywhere in India.
- Depending on specific requirements of a state the applicant and family must be residing in a state for a particular period of time.
- The applicant or family should not on a two or three or four wheeler for fishing boat.
- The householder should not Own a refrigerator or landline phone.
- The household of applicant should not have any member who is government employee .
- The householder should not have a Kisan credit card.
How to apply
- First go to
- select citizen assessment from benefits under other components of subsidy.
- Enter Aadhaar number
- click on submit
- To fill the name, income, number of family members and address.
- Submit the online application completed.
choosing The eligible recipients on the basis of socioeconomic status. The government give priority to homeless people below poverty line .The list generated through an online application. The list forwarded to resspective Gram Sabha. An applicant fulfils all criteria for selection ,But his name is deleted from list ,grievance can be filed with the competent authority appointed by respective state government.