Beetroots are eaten boiled, roasted or raw. A large proportion of commercial production is processed into boiled and sterilized beets.In Europe,beets soup is a popular dish. In India chopped, cooked spice beat is a common side dish.
The green leafy portion is also edible. The young leaves can be added raw to salads. Beetroot can be boiled, steamed, peeled and eaten warm with or without butter as a delicacy. Cooked, pickled, eaten cold as a condiment. Pickled beetroots are traditional food in many countries. Beetroot is the taproot portion of beet plant also known as table beet, Garden beet, sugar beet, red beet, dinner beet.
- Beetroot are great source of fibre, potassium, iron, magnesium, Vitamin C.
- Beetroot juice have been numerous health benefits including improved blood flow, lower BP.
- Beetroots are rich in vitamin C which helps in clearing blemishes and evens out your skin tone while giving it a natural glows.
- Beetroot is used for treating all your skin problems.
- It is rich in skin enhancing vitamins can give you glowing skin.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vitamin C used in treating hyperpigmentation to decrease melanin formation.Beetroots are rich in vitamin C.
How to apply
- Take one teaspoon of beetroot juice, 1 tablespoon of sour cream and mix them together. Massage the face back and Let it dry for 20 to 25 minutes. Rinse it off using normal water. Apply this face pack twice a week.
For dry skin
- Take one tablespoon of raw milk, 2 -3 drops of coconut oil, 2tablespoon of beetroot juice, mix it properly. Gently massage on your face. Allowed it to stay for 10 minute. Wash it off with plain water.
For smooth skin
- Adding 3 teaspoons of yogurt 4 teaspoon of beetroot juice, mix it well with cotton swab. Apply on your face and neck. Leave it for 8 – 10 minutes. Massage it and wash it off with warm water.
For dark circles
- Take one tablespoon of beetroot juice and mix with 2-3 drops of almond oil. Massage it on the area under your eyes. Let it sit for 15 minutes, rinse it off with cold water.
For Skin brightening
- Take 2 teaspoon of orange peel powder and one tablespoon of beetroot juice. Mix it and apply it all over your face. wash it off using cold water.