Ayushman Bharat is a scheme of the government of India. Its aim is to achieve the vision of universal health coverage. It is a good attempt to move from a segmented approach of health service delivery to comprehensive health care service. It helps to make a path breaking intervention to address the health care system at primary, secondary and tertiary levels.
It has two interrelated components like health and wellNess centers and pradhan mantri Jan arogya yojana.Health and wellness centers transforming sub centers and primary health centers. These centers deliver comprehensive primary health care. It helps to give health care close to the people. They give maternal, child health services ,non communicable diseases,diagnostic services etc. It reduces the risk of developing chronic diseases and morbidity.
Pradhan mantri Jan arogya yojana is the second component of ayushman bharat. It is a big health insurance scheme. It provides health coverage of Rs 5 lakhs per family per year. It provides only secondary and tertiary care hospitalization. It is early known as the National health protection scheme. It is fully funded by the government and its costs are shared between state and Central governments.
It provides cashless access to health care services. This insurance scheme covers upto 3 days pre hospitalization and 15 days post hospitalization expenses in the hospital. It covers all peoples without any restriction. It covers all costs related to treatment. It isn’t Limited to supplies,drugs,diagnosis, doctor charges,room rent,surgeon fees, OT ,ICU charges.
It provides cashless coverage up to Rs 5 lakhs per annum. It includes pre-hospitalization, medical, examination, treatment, consultation, medication, intensive care unit, non intensive care unit services,diagnosis,laboratory investigation, food services, post hospitalization, etc.This insurance scheme is used by one or all members of the family. RSBY had a family cap of five members. But it has no cap on family size. It has no age limits.
Pre-existing diseases are also covered from the first day. Now we can’t apply to this scheme. We can search our name in this scheme .
How to find our name in ayushman arogya insurance
- Visit the official website of PMJAY
- Search menu option.
- Select an i eligible option from portals.
- Enter the mobile number.
- You will get an OTP
- Enter OTP number and accept the policies.
- Click the Submit button.
- Enter the state and name of the person.
- Enter father and mother’s name.
- Select rural or urban
- Enter district and village.
- You can see the name on the ayush card.
- You can see the family details also.
- You will get an SMS.
- You can see the names of hospitals available for this benefit.
- You will get contact details of these hospitals.
- You can search for the name in Ayushman Mitra.
- You can download the lists.
- Enter block, illegal and district. You can see the complete list of people in the ayushman card.
- You can see the ID number
How to download the Ayushman card
- Visit the official website of PMJAY.
- Select beneficiary identification system from portals.
- Click download ayushman card.
- Select aadhar card,sect scheme PMJAY.
- Enter aadhar number
- Enter OTP number.
- Then download the Ayushman card.